The Log Cabin Republicans would disagree with you on that. From the InBox:
November has been a major month for gay Republicans — but you wouldn’t know it from the paucity of coverage in the news.
From coast-to-coast and in the nation’s capital, Log Cabin Republicans members and allies have been winning elections and getting appointed to top posts in the Trump Administration — by the president himself!
On Election Day, gay Republicans notched historic wins up and down the ticket in races across the country. A sample:
- Log Cabin Republicans of Massachusetts memberRyan Egan wonhis hotly contested race for Randolph Town Council.
- Longtime Log Cabin Republicans of Ohio memberDavid Tadych wonelection to the Bay Village City Council — for aneighthterm!
- Log Cabin Republicans memberBradley Michelson wonhis race for the Board of Representatives in Stamford, Connecticut.
- In what is likely an historic first, gay RepublicanJoe DeIorio wonelection and will be serving together with his husband — fellow Republican Thos Shipley — on the Roselle Park City Council in New Jersey.
- Add to this the fact that Log Cabin Republicans of Washington, DC memberJames Abbott was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senateof to the Federal Labor Relations Authority after being nominated to the post by President Donald Trump.
You may be wondering why the media hasn’t picked up on these stories, but are you honestly shocked?
Stories that run counter to the leftwing narrative that the GOP is backward and bigoted are sure to get almostZEROattention in the news.
Without Log Cabin Republicans, no one would know these stories. That isn’t exaggeration; it’sfact.
And it’s why your support is needed now more than ever. Pleasegive what you can: $500, $250, $100 — even $50would help us continue to make sure great news like this gets out there.
Much gratitude to you for your generosity this Thanksgiving — from our family of patriots to yours.
Gregory T. Angelo