The Log Cabin Republicans would disagree with you on that. From the InBox:
November has been a major month for gay Republicans — but you wouldn’t know it from the paucity of coverage in the news.
From coast-to-coast and in the nation’s capital, Log Cabin Republicans members and allies have been winning elections and getting appointed to top posts in the Trump Administration — by the president himself!
On Election Day, gay Republicans notched historic wins up and down the ticket in races across the country. A sample:
- Log Cabin Republicans of Massachusetts member Ryan Egan won his hotly contested race for Randolph Town Council.
- Longtime Log Cabin Republicans of Ohio member David Tadych wonelection to the Bay Village City Council — for an eighth term!
- Log Cabin Republicans member Bradley Michelson won his race for the Board of Representatives in Stamford, Connecticut.
- In what is likely an historic first, gay Republican Joe DeIorio won election and will be serving together with his husband — fellow Republican Thos Shipley — on the Roselle Park City Council in New Jersey.
- Add to this the fact that Log Cabin Republicans of Washington, DC member James Abbott was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate of to the Federal Labor Relations Authority after being nominated to the post by President Donald Trump.
You may be wondering why the media hasn’t picked up on these stories, but are you honestly shocked?
Stories that run counter to the leftwing narrative that the GOP is backward and bigoted are sure to get almost ZERO attention in the news.
Without Log Cabin Republicans, no one would know these stories. That isn’t exaggeration; it’s fact.
And it’s why your support is needed now more than ever. Please give what you can: $500, $250, $100 — even $50 would help us continue to make sure great news like this gets out there.
Much gratitude to you for your generosity this Thanksgiving — from our family of patriots to yours.
Gregory T. Angelo