It’s been clear since Dan Crenshaw made the runoff in CD2 that the momentum was on his side. Obviously, Kevin Roberts and his sidekicks recognize this, so they bring out the big word – liberal. But…well, take a look for yourself. First the friendly Dr. Hotze and Mr. Woodfill let us know that Crenshaw is a big ol’ librul:
Those two righteous men are as bold as lions, don’t you know?
Now, let’s review those “liberal” positions of Dan Crenshaw: (or you can go to dansbiggovernmentplan.com)
We live in interesting times. Republicans USED to be in favor of controlling the costs of entitlement programs. Apparently that isn’t in vogue these days, instead we need to expand entitlements so that politicians can be elected.
So let’s take a look at what Crenshaw’s plans are.
Medicare – allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices like the VA does.
Sounds good to me. But for Kevin Roberts, Dr. Hotze and Mr. Woodfill, it is liberal to try and be fiscally conservative. Why, Medicare recipients have the RIGHT to demand name brand drugs regardless of the cost!
Transition Social Security to a pay-as-you-go and investment plan with private accounts.
Does that sound liberal to you? It is a fact that the Social Security system is getting top heavy with retirees vs active workers. Dan Crenshaw says, you know what? That’s a problem. Here is how we fix it. Liberal?
Dan Crenshaw wants to avoid unexpected cuts to Social Security benefits in the future.
Back to the Republicans used to believe line, Republicans used to believe in being honest and addressing problems head on, which Dan Crenshaw does. But the righteous lions think that we should continue to lie to retirees instead of addressing the problems. Liberal?
You want to know where Kevin Roberts stands on Medicare and Social Security? Well, you’re going to have to ask him because his campaign website doesn’t have a single reference to Social Security or Medicare. How about that? Old school Republicans might think a guy running for Congress should mention those very important issues.
You know what Kevin Roberts’ campaign website does have? Here are a few snippets:
- Get rid of the “Deep State” in Washington by ending unneeded agencies and removing thousands of bureaucrats. (oooh, skeery!)
- Strengthen our border security with walls, thousands of more border agents, and equipment to detect and apprehend those crossing illegally. (can we say buzzwords?)
- Relentlessly demand action, funding, and support from federal and state agencies. (snort, like our other Republicans?)
- Demand sanctions on Russia, China, Iran, North Korea and any businesses that help them foster terrorism and hostile actions against free people. (wow, that has worked so well for us!)
- Stop liberal attempts to infringe on law-abiding gun ownership. (back to them buzzwords again)
- End federal taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers. (buzz, buzz, buzz)
Is this guy serious? I thought that he was but clearly he has taken a page from every establishment Republican playbook. Good grief.
Meanwhile, Dan Crenshaw is taking policy seriously and giving voters a clear look at what lies ahead.
Liberal? I don’t think so.