1. Who are you, and what are you running for?
I am Judge Martha Hill Jamison, the Republican nominee for Justice, 14th Court of Appeals, Place 5.
2. What kind of cases does this court hear?
This court handles appeals from civil and criminal courts in Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Grimes, Harris, Waller and Washington Counties.
3. Why are you running for this particular bench?
The Republican incumbent decided not to run for re-election shortly before the filing deadline. I had been considering an appellate position, and this was the perfect opportunity.
4. What are your qualifications for this job?
My nine years as a trial judge (1999-2008) prepare me for this position. I am Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and a former member of the Harris County Juvenile Board. I have experience in all relevant practice areas and have written an appellate opinion.
5. Why is this race important?
This important court must be independent. The judges must have respect for the rule of law. Voters deserve to know the judges they elect.
6. Why should people vote for you in November?
I am a known quantity. Voters have had the opportunity to watch my demeanor, judgment and rulings for nine years on the trial bench.
Facebook: Judge Martha Hill Jamison