1. Who are you and what are you running for?
Caroline Baker — I am judge of the 295th Civil District Court.
2. What kind of cases does this court hear?
3. Why are you running for this particular bench?
It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as judge of the 295th Civil District Court and I would like to continue to serve the citizens of Harris County.
4. What are your qualifications for this job?
- Over 12 years as a state civil district court judge
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law
- Elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Former Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law Center
- Past President, Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists
- Winner of the 2010 HBA Judicial Qualifications Poll by almost 5 to 1 over my opponent
- Winner of the 2010 HBA and KBA Judicial Preference Polls
- Endorsed by every bar association that has endorsed judges in this election:
- Association of Women Attorneys,
- Mexican American Bar Association, Pasadena Bar Association
- Endorsed by many organizations, including:
- Houston Police Officers’ Union,
- Harris County Deputies Organization,
- “C” Club,
- Mexican American Sheriff’s Organization,
- Houston Realty Business Coaltion
- Endorsed by Houston Chronicle
- Jewish Herald-Voice and Houston
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce PAC
5. Why is this race important?
This judicial race, like all judicial races, is important because it is imperative that you have judges on the bench who are fair, experienced, have a strong work ethic, have a good judicial demeanor, and who treat all who come before the court with dignity and respect.
6. Why should people vote for you in November?
Because I am experienced, respected and dedicated to service. I have served over 12 years as a state civil district court judge. I am Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and have been elected to ABOTA, an organization of plaintiff and defense lawyers dedicated to preserving the right to trial by jury and to promoting excellence in the profession. I am the winner of the 2010 HBA Judicial Qualifications Poll and HBA and KBA Judicial Preference Polls. I have support across the board: plaintiff and defense lawyers, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. I have been endorsed by every bar association that has endorsed judges in this elections, as well as by many other organizations listed above. I serve on two State Bar committees, and have served as Chair of the Ethics Committee for the Board of Civil Judges. For more information about my qualifications and experience, please see the attached pushcard and go to my website at www.votejudgecarolinebaker.com.