Sometimes you play around in the kitchen and come up with a recipe so good that it has to be shared. This pantry and freezer clearing bean medley is one of those. And the Instant Pot makes it too easy not to try.
No need to worry too much about the ingredients in your pantry and freezer, just get close. If you happen to have fresh vegetables around, use them instead. Use whatever you have around for the seasoning – here is a simple recipe. The key to this bean recipe is the red lentils. They will melt into a creamy paste that is divine!
Instant Pot Big Jolly Bean MedleyPrint Recipe
- 1 lb Camellia Red Kidney Beans
- 1/2 lb Pinto Beans
- 1/2 cup Red Lentils
- 1/2 bag Kroger Mirapoix Cajun Style Frozen Vegetables
- 3/4 bag Kroger Frozen Green Bell Pepper
- 5 tbs Fiesta Pinto Bean Seasoning
- 1 tbs Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning
- 3 tbs La Costena Diced Chipolte Peppers
- 1 tbs Maggi Seasoning Sauce
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, 14.5 oz (optional, I like Muir Glen brand)
Wash and rinse the beans, no need to presoak.
Place beans in the Instant Pot and add water. Water level should be about 2″ above the beans.
Place all the other ingredients in the Instant Pot and give it a quick stir. No need to thaw the vegetables.
Place lid on Instant Pot and close pressure valve.
Push the Bean/Chili button and then increase the time to 90 minutes.
Use natural pressure release.
When opening Instant Pot, the beans will look dry. No need to worry, give them a quick stir and you’re all set.
Serve over your favorite rice and enjoy!