If we were a country, we would have deployed troops by now! But… we ARE a country. And not just a country of politicians – but one of “We the People.”
We have deployed civil troops in the past. We had armies of suffragettes fighting for women’s right to vote. We had generals like Martin Luther King who lead troops in the fight for the rights of African Americans. But, we’re not talking about factions of our population here – we are talking about all Americans.
In any battle there are winners and there are losers. It’s time to make the choice. Each of us. Individually. If you feel our liberal-lead government has betrayed the public trust, don’t just watch it unfold on the network news.
We the people:
- Need to step forward and serve as conservative candidates in positions nationwide.
- Need to throw our support, donations, and endorsements behind every good candidate.
- Have a duty to this great nation: we need to register to vote.
- Need to uphold our civic duty and vote in every election.
- Need to hammer it home to liberal congressmen to live up to their pledge to uphold the Constitution.
- Must press our government to seek to remove each and every public servant who refuses to uphold the Constitution.
And, we the people must not flee the problems that face us or pretend they aren’t there. Americans must fight against those public servants in our government who seek to usurp our Constitution.
The stakes are high.
I appeal to you to invigorate your neighbors in this battle. Demand that your government do right. Then band together with your neighbors and friends and demand it in mass.
Let a roar go out from across our nation to Washington D.C. Demand that those congressmen, our servants, uphold their oath to support the Constitution.
In the words of 9/11 hero Todd Beamer who faced off against terrorists onboard United Airlines Flight 93:
Brenda Z. Page is running for U.S. Congress, 18th District, in Houston Texas; http://www.pageforcongress.